Canadian Talk Show Host Susan McCord (aka Dear Sybersue) gets many questions from her male viewers on her advice column and this topic “5 attributes that men want in their partner” is one of the biggest conversations of all.
Women think all men care about is sex but that isn’t true for most guys. They want a loving relationship just like women do.
They are tired of being categorized and want women to know what is really important to them. Dear Sybersue promised to do this video (above) on behalf of the numerous emails she received on the subject.
Many women have lost hope when it comes to finding a partnership and are incredibly frustrated with the whole dating scenario. Men feel the same way and this is now becoming a big negative environment with both sexes.
As Dr. Phil says “How’s that working for you?”
It’s not right? So what are you going to do; complain about what’s not working or change things up so that they do work?
How Do We Do That Ladies & Gentlemen?
- We stop repeating patterns that are causing us drama. Stop going for the unavailable hot bad boys or bad girls would be a great start. This situation is usually very short lived and while you may have one or two nights of wild sizzling sex, it can leave you feeling lonelier that before you dated them.
- Don’t give out TMI! Stop telling people every little thing about what makes you tick. Take your time divulging private things about yourself.
- Leave a little mystery so they want to find out more about you. I certainly don’t condone playing games with them but hold back some things until you know them better. You don’t even know if you like them yet so don’t give away all your fabulous secrets.
- Be authentic to who you are. No one likes to find out 3 months later that what they thought they had in common with you, was just a lie to keep them interested.
- No one is better than anyone else so if someone comes up to talk to you when you are out for the evening, acknowledge them. You may be shocked at how much you enjoy talking with them.
- Be aware of your body language and how you come across. I can’t believe how many men and women portray “resting bitch face” out there. Smile! 🙂
- If you have a bad date don’t become disillusioned with the whole process. Get back out there on a different horse.
- Stay positive! No one wants to hang out with Dick or Debbie Downer.
- Everyone has insecurities but don’t let them define you so that you sabotage a potential partnership.
- Be kind to everyone all the time. There is no room for arrogance, self entitlement, being high maintenance or too picky!
- Real love doesn’t come easy and is worth the wait. Be a little more patient and embrace all new opportunities that come your way. If it were too easy to find it wouldn’t be special would it?
- Lose the 12 page checklist. That person doesn’t exist!
- You have your own life so don’t lose sight of that by making someone your whole world. Don’t lose your identity to be with someone else.
- Be careful not to become a texting stalker. Too much too soon is a big turnoff.
- Learn from you dating mistakes, don’t repeat them, own your part in what didn’t work and always listen to your instincts.
While there are definitely some hurdles with dating in the millennium, they are things that are pretty cool as well. Social media tools can bring us together in a much bigger way if we use them correctly.
Life is not meant to be easy but it is how you handle “those annoying curveballs” that will bring you closer to being centered and present so that you can be the best YOU!
The quicker you move on from those obvious red flags will be when your new journey begins. When you meet that loving person to share your life with there are no deep dark questions. It just fits and flows beautifully. There is no drama and there are no BS games to deal with.
We all want love in our life and there is someone for everyone once we change our attitude and believe we deserve it.
Please leave your comments below and subscribe to The Dear Sybersue YouTube Channel! ❤