Toxic Relationship Addictions is the topic at Dear Sybersue today.
Drama-filled scenarios do not mean you’re in an exciting partnership
What it really means is that you are constantly dealing with bad behavior and living in an unhealthy environment. Has this become a normal way for you to live? If you spend most of your time fighting or crying in your relationships then it is time to acknowledge there is a detrimental pattern that needs to be altered.
The fact that you came to this post is a good thing because it means you know there is a problem and you’re looking for guidance to change what isn’t working.
Today’s video will make you think and help clarify some behavioral addictions that you may have but not be totally aware of! You may be repeating these actions because they are familiar to you and have become a habitual way for you to be in a partnership but you also have to be aware of when something familiar is harmful to your well-being.
Many toxic relationships have a sexual intensity that is very powerful
This can be the biggest reason why both men and women stay in these toxic types of relationships. Passionate sex or Makeup sex often consists of an addictive pheromone that keeps you coming back for more. This is the start of a repetitive cycle that is difficult to walk away from.
“But the sex is just so good, I’ll never find this again with anyone else!”
What are some of the signs that you are in a toxic relationship?
It is important to understand what a toxic partnership consists of so that you know when to remove yourself. It can come in many disguises and start out slowly in the early stages of meeting someone new. They can lure you in with never-ending compliments and romantic gestures that keep you wanting more. They come in fast and furious and you fall hard due to their aggressive attraction towards you.
Unfortunately, this can end up being a form of manipulative behavior to win over your trust.
This is one of the biggest reasons I always advise my clients not to jump into relationships or sleep with someone too quickly. Emotional and lustful sex can hold you hostage, even after you begin to see the unhealthy signs that are starting to form in your partnership.
10 Signs to look out for
- They make sarcastic comments towards your character.
- Verbal abuse. They are continually cutting you down and squashing your self-esteem.
- Your partner uses sex as a reward, or they “pull back from intimacy” as a punishment. They often cheat on you but show no remorse about it.
- They show a much more charming side of who they are outside your home.
- The relationship is all about their needs and what you can do for them.
- Your partner may threaten to leave you on a regular basis to hold the power or control in your home.
- Their future plans are solely about them. They always use the word “I” instead of “we.”
- They often do not like your friends or family and will say hurtful things about them to make you feel uncomfortable about seeing them. They want you to be dependant on them so you don’t have a big support team.
- They are agitated about even the smallest things and constantly seem to be looking for a fight. You are always walking on eggshells so that you don’t set them off into one of their moods.
- The most obvious one that should never be ignored is if they are physically abusive towards you in any way. There is never an excuse that is OK! If you continue to turn a blind eye to this abusive behavior you will feel like there is no way out of this dangerous environment. Always ask for help from others! There are numerous support groups available in most cities today.
There are so many more examples and each couple will have their own issues to contend with. The important part is to always respect yourself and never let anyone control you. Be aware of the passive-aggressive types that woo you in with their charm!
If you are unsure what to do but you are now becoming fearful in your own home, please get some professional guidance to help you before things escalate into a threatening and unstable territory. If you are repetitively ending up in this type of partnership, it is crucial to get to the bottom of why you are attracting these people toward you. Something is stuck but it doesn’t have to be.
A relationship should consist of a reciprocated love and respect for each other. There are no games or controlling behavior. You want the best for each other and you are always available to your partner in a healthy way. You can have an exciting partnership without using manipulative drama-filled tactics.
Sybersue xo <3
Private Consultation Dating or Relationship Questions for Sybersue? Please contact me via dearsybersue.fibler.app and message me there to set up a video call, voice call or and text appt. within 24 hours. Thank you!
Susan McCord @ Dear Sybersue YouTube – Dear Sybersue Facebook
Dear Sybersue Blogs & Advice Column