Today on Dear Sybersue I discuss a problem that many men and women are dealing with today. How to be More Positive in Your Life and Your Relationships.
Things have been very different in the world and it has been a little tough for us all. Staying in a positive mindset can be difficult but putting in a conscious effort on a daily basis will help things become a little better each day.
We often forget to be grateful for what we “do have” going for us and we put all of our thoughts and energy into what’s not happening in our life. Unfortunately, this brings us more of what we don’t want because that is where our main focus is going.
Do you know how you come across to others?
We all have stuff going on in our lives but we may not know how it is affecting our mood at certain times. This can be a problem if we are either holding it all inward or venting about things regularly.
Life can be all-consuming and feel very overwhelming, so it is very important to have some management skills when prioritizing your day-to-day activities. Try not to take on too much all at once so that you become mentally and physically exhausted.
Try not to sweat the small stuff all the time! Life is far too short to keep doing that on a repetitive basis.
You want to be a fun person so that people enjoy your company. It is OK to talk about things that aren’t going well once in a while but be careful that you are not having continual one-sided conversations.
Be very mindful of saying negative things about mutual friends because it’s only a matter of time before you start talking about them as well, and they know this. This can happen when you feel insecure or jealous.
Are you emotionally available and connected to the people in your life?
Do you take the time to ask your family members and friends about their life and sincerely care how they are doing? Quite often when we have a lot going on we forget that other people also have things that they are dealing with. It is never just a one-way street and you need to check in with them as well.
Being emotionally aware will keep you grounded and more connected with others because you know how to interact on a personal level. You’re not shutting them out and you are able to show that you generally care about them.
Friendships and relationships need to be nurtured and equally reciprocated for them to survive the years to come.
How Do I Change up my Negative Thinking?
It isn’t always easy to get our self-doubt out of a funk so how are we supposed to start thinking positively when our life is not feeling so great? The first thing is to stop taking everything so personally and understand that everyone is going through their own frustrations as well.
Hey, I get it that sometimes it just feels as if the negativity doesn’t end. This keeps us stuck a lot longer but ultimately it is up to us to change things. We are in charge of how our life turns out and we are responsible for the choices we make.
- Start each day with optimism before you think of anything else. When you wake up be grateful for your cozy bed, your beautiful home, your sweet pet, the friends you are closest to, your partner or your children.
- Schedule something fun on your calendar every day. Choose something relaxing, maybe coffee with a friend, or anything that puts a smile on your face for at least 30 minutes.
- Say something positive to people you meet throughout the day. Not only will this make them happy, it will keep you in a positive mindset as well. It’s a win/win situation.
- Repeat a positive mantra a few times a day. “I am blessed to have great friends,” “I am grateful for my health.”
- Anytime you feel a negative thought coming into your mind, quickly think about something that you enjoy! (Maybe look at some photos on your phone that make you smile or take a short walk in the sunshine.)
- Include some daily exercise. This is a mood enhancer and keeps your mind clear. Yoga is great for this!
- Stay away from too much alcohol. It might feel good at the time but the next day it can bring on even more negative thoughts.
- Set small goals that give you a purpose. It could be as simple as writing in a journal or hiring a personal trainer to improve your health and fitness.
- Plan a few mini holidays each year so you always have something to look forward to. It doesn’t have to to expensive if you are watching your budget. Staycations are great for this as well.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Stay clear of anyone who is pessimistic and remove yourself from any negative discussions.
If You Are Struggling Being Single
Change up your attitude about what isn’t happening in your love life and look forward to what is to come. Be grateful for the person you are going to meet in the coming months. Believe it will happen! Why shouldn’t you meet your special person? There is absolutely no reason for you not to unless you are holding yourself back.
If you are always talking about how you are tired of being single and you have convinced yourself that you always will be, then I am sorry to have to say, that unfortunately, that will probably be the outcome.
Finding love takes time and doesn’t happen quickly for most people which is totally normal. You’re looking for your life partner which isn’t an easy thing and nor should it be. It is a work in progress which is why we date. If you move on quickly from the early red flags it will help you get closer to meeting the person you are meant to be with.
The problem with the dating scene today is that both men and women become impatient after a few months and give up. This is not a healthy attitude to hold onto. Why would you not put time into one of the most important aspects of your life?
Think about how much energy you put into your job/career and how you just made things happen. This is because you believed in it to make it happen. This should be the same practice you give to everything you desire!
Life isn’t easy but the faster we learn to appreciate those lessons that we are supposed to learn, the faster we will evolve to a happier place. Please watch the video above for more on this topic.
Sybersue xo <3
Private Dating Relationship Coaching With Sybersue Please contact me @ https://www.calltheone.com/susan-mccord and message me there to set up a video call or voice call appointment within 24 hours. Thank you!