Thank you for visiting me here today at Dear Sybersue! Today, I will be discussing the topic: How Do I Prioritize Self-Love?
It is so important to respect and appreciate who you are as a person. It is not just about nurturing the love you have for others, it’s about loving yourself as well. We can all be very hard on ourselves at certain times in our lives, but if you are not content with who you are as your authentic self, it can play a big part in tarnishing your self-esteem.
It is also very important to stop feeling the need to take care of everyone else at the expense of ignoring your own needs.
You should always have some expectations from the people in your life to have the same reciprocated love that you give so freely. When you end up being the constant nurturer and caregiver to everyone around you, you end up getting lost along the way. You might not even understand why you feel sad or lonely because you’ve been giving to others for so long without getting much back in return. This is all you know!
Teach others how you want to be treated.
Forgive yourself for any difficult life lessons you may have had to learn and understand that these lessons are not to be viewed as a failure. They are put on your path to help you evolve to a higher place of growth. Happiness and contentment come from learning how to give and receive love equally. By having boundaries and self-respect, you learn how to value your self-worth. You are not questioning who you are because you really like who you are!
We often start to question things about ourselves when something drastically changes in our lives or doesn’t work out the way we would like it to. It could be an unsuccessful relationship pattern causing us continual heartbreak, we may envy a friend who makes more money than us, or we may feel as though we are not as accomplished as we should be. There are so many variables that can make up for why we have a tough time showing ourselves love. When we are constantly berating ourselves for our shortcomings, it can become a difficult place to come back from.
When you are always having to find ways to weed yourself through the obstacles of life’s hard knocks, it can become too much and start to take a toll on your confidence.
This is when you may go through bouts of self-doubt. Self-love also takes a back seat because you’re just not feeling great about things at the time. It is so important to comprehend that while it may look like other people have it so much better than you do, the truth is we all have sh*t to deal with. This is the reality, even if someone’s social media posts share a happier story. That certainly isn’t always the case, but there are some people who want others to believe their life is pretty damn great.
Unfortunately, in many circumstances, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook have turned into unrealistic “look at me” platforms that cause envy and jealousy among many men and women today. While there are legitimate businesses making an authentic living using social media sources, it can still cause you to feel like you are missing out on so many amazing things in your life. FOMO, or fear of missing out as it is also known, is a very real feeling from numerous social media followers.
OK, so how do you put yourself into a self-love mindset when you’re not feeling it?
- The first thing to alter in your life is to be grateful for what you do have. Don’t hold onto the negative feeling of what you don’t have, or what you feel is missing in your life. Start every morning with a verbal mantra about what you are grateful for. When you feel appreciative for even the smallest blessings that you have in your day-to-day life, you often manifest more great things to come toward you.
- Meditation is an excellent way to quiet your mind and clear out negative cobwebs. There are numerous YouTube videos to help guide you if you are a beginner.
- Take the stress off having to make more money. You don’t have to be rich to feel rich. There are many inexpensive treasures in our world that bring happiness. Having fun and laughter are a few of those. Setting up a budget is definitely important but make sure you set a little money away each week to do something that brings you personal joy.
- Be aware of your mood swings. We all have them, but it is important that you find a solution to not let them control your mindset for too long. Whenever I’m sad or a little down in the dumps, I push myself to get outside for a walk, go to the gym, get on my bike, or attend a yoga class. Exercise is a mood enhancer and a natural anti-depressant for many people!
- Watch something educational or comical on TV to put yourself in a different headspace. Just changing up your thought process regularly throughout the day can put you in a healthier frame of mind.
- If you have some very difficult memories lurking around that continue to cause you sadness, it would be worth the investment to see a therapist. When you have this regular thought pattern, it can keep you from having love in your life. You really do have to be able to love yourself, first, to have a great relationship with a romantic partner.
Take time to show yourself, love, by doing little things on a daily basis. Pamper yourself with something special that brings you joy.
Mark these self-care days on the calendar as you would any other appointment. Having something to look forward to is the first step to showing yourself, love. Do something nice for yourself every day.
- Go for a walk to the market and buy yourself flowers.
- Do a little retail therapy. A new pair of jeans or new shoes always make a person feel happy. If you are on a budget, hit up a consignment store. I do this often and love some of the bargains I have found along the way.
- Have a candlelit bubble bath on a cold/rainy night to brighten your mood.
- Take a book to the park and read for an hour, or even just sit and watch the children play. Kids have a way of showing us how to have fun. They have few inhibitions which we can all learn from.
- If you don’t have a pet, offer to take your neighbor’s pet for a walk. Animals are the absolute best at making you feel wonderful. Their unconditional love will lift your spirits faster than anything. They are one of life’s greatest blessings.
- Change up your look if you are feeling low and in need of a boost. When you look good, you feel good! Sometimes a new haircut is all you need to pick yourself up.
- Hang out with positive people who are fun to be around. Be playful and goofy as often as possible. Having a great sense of humor really helps improve your self-esteem.
Learning how to love and care for yourself is always a work in progress, but when you implement some of the self-care tips mentioned above, it will definitely put you on a more positive path. The less negativity you allow into your life, the more often love will find its way toward you.
Please watch the video above to hear more about how you can change up your life to prioritize self-love. Practice loving yourself first and always being grateful for everything you have in your life, as it will naturally bring more and more blessings toward you.
Sybersue xo <3
Private Dating Relationship Coaching With Sybersue – Please contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org and message me there to set up a video call or audio call appointment within 24 hours. Thank you!