Welcome to Dear Sybersue! In today’s video, I discuss Dealing With Mistrust in a New Relationship.
Trust is the biggest part of the foundation of any relationship, and this has to be there to sustain the love between you as a couple.
Be very aware of falling in love with someone too quickly, as this does not allow you enough time to really get to know and trust who they are as their authentic self. It is way too easy to overlook some of the important warning signs or red flags, when you are already smitten with your new partner after a month or two.
Being infatuated with someone doesn’t necessarily mean you are in love, and it can disguise what is really going on. Sometimes it is just lustful chemistry that you share, which probably isn’t what you are looking for. Sexual passion can give you a blind trust that is an illusion of what you think is really going on. Sometimes it’s just really great sex with no strings attached! It is important for you to understand the difference between love and lust, so you don’t up in a one-sided scenario.
You only need to look at some of your past relationship encounters to see that this can happen all too often. Just watch a few Bachelor episodes or any reality TV show that is about dating and relationships, and you will understand why it is better to take your time getting to know someone. We can all be well-behaved for a short while, but we have to be smart with what we allow as the early euphoric stage starts to change.
Going through life’s everyday issues as a couple is a real test of whether there is some substance to your connection. Quite often, when something seems to be good to be true, it’s just that. This is not meant to be a negative statement, as we all need to have clarity about what we are allowing in our lives. When you take your time paying close attention and really listen to each other, is when you are being realistic about how things are progressing in your relationship.
Many people think that trust issues revolve mostly around infidelity within a relationship, but it can often be due to more subtle circumstances.
- It could involve little digs or certain comments made by your partner that make you feel unsettled and insecure. If trust is tarnished in the early stages of a partnership, it starts to feel uncomfortable and unbalanced.
- If you catch them in a lie, this will also become a big trust issue that needs to be addressed right away. Lying about anything can change the dynamics of your once harmonious environment. It makes you wonder what else they are not telling the truth about, and you may start to question other things about your relationship.
- Keeping secrets can also contribute to major trust problems when they are suddenly discovered by you or your partner. The best rule of thumb is to always be honest with the person you are in a love connection with because the truth often comes out later when you are already invested in one another. This isn’t fair to the person who is blindsided by the news.
Here are 10 trust scenarios to be aware of in a new relationship.
- They weren’t honest about their single status when you first met them.
- You feel they are sending you mixed signals. You have had the exclusivity discussion, but there are long spaces between time spent together as a couple.
- They are secretive or cryptic about their past.
- There is a disconnect when it comes to their emotional availability.
- They initially came on really strong and then started to pull back after a few months.
- Your communication with each other has become more evasive or surface.
- The affection between you is only in the bedroom.
- You feel jealous when you are with them.
- When you have an argument, they shut down and don’t deal with it.
- They don’t introduce you as their partner.
The one thing that can always help you in your relationships is to listen to your gut instincts.
When something feels off, listen to the voice inside your head. Your spidey-senses are there for your protection. When you take the time to hear these messages, your life becomes a lot smoother. There is no drama because you respect yourself enough to trust your intuition.
You have the ability to stop hurtful actions and heartache because you have a strong sense of self-worth and healthy boundaries. You know how to treat someone and also how to be treated by your partner. Being aware of who you attract toward you is also very important. If there is a repetitive pattern that isn’t working for you, it is time to change things up. Please click on the link below for more on how to improve your relationship health with yourself and a new or future partner.
*Thank you so much for visiting here today! Please leave any comments you have below! I love hearing from you!
Private Dating Relationship Coaching With Sybersue – Please contact me @ https://www.calltheone.com/susan-mccord and message me there to set up a video call or voice call appointment within 24 hours. Thank you!