The video above by Matthew Hussey literally had me laughing out loud! So much of what was said in this video is very true!
Men and women interpret things very differently on a day to day basis but even more so in the world of dating today! Matthew is the #mansplaner in this video who dissects what is really being said between a couple out on a first date.
It is very important to understand how you come across when you are meeting someone new. So much can be read into face to face “one liners” or impersonal texts and we have to be careful how we present ourselves if we want to have a potential partner in our lives.
First impressions make or break that second date! These questions & statements listed below are huge red flags about a man’s character to be aware of:
- Never ask someone why they are single! “Why are YOU SINGLE buddy?”
- “When was the last time you had sex?”
- “How many men have you slept with?”
- “What’s your 5 year plan?” (How original!)
- “Are you on birth control because I don’t like using condoms.”
- “I am just looking to have some fun. I am not into having a serious relationship.”
- “Are you into having an open relationship?”
- “I just got out of a long relationship.”
- “I am separated from my wife but still living at home. It’s only a matter of time until I get my own place.”
- “My marriage is over but I am staying for the kids right now.”
- “I am not sure I want kids as my career is pretty demanding.”
When you pay attention on the first few dates, it can be fairly obvious whether they are sincerely into having a relationship or not. Don’t just hear what you want to hear; listen to what they are really saying. You can save yourself a lot of drama by doing so!
You are not there to fix them or change them so don’t start thinking there is a possibility to mold them into your perfect prince charming. Move on to someone who you have a natural connection with.
When it is right, there aren’t too many complicated questions. It just flows. <3
Susan McCord @ The Dear Sybersue Talk Show