5 Red Flag Dating Texts
In this week’s video, I talk about texting and dating. It is so important to pay close attention to how someone is texting you when you are getting to know them. With social distancing still an issue and could be for some time, texting has become the top way to communicate with a potential partner.
You have to stand out quickly and use the proper etiquette texting tools. Most of it is common sense; treat someone how you would like to be treated.
There are many signs that show a person’s true character so have some important boundaries early on. If any of these 5 examples (listed below) are happening regularly with the people you are dating or wanting to date, I would suggest you think twice about things.
These 5 texting scenarios shouldn’t be ignored
- They don’t text you back for hours or days after you send them a text.
- They continually text you one-word answers and offer nothing to the dialogue. The conversation is not reciprocated.
- They tell you there are just too busy to text. (Then why are they out dating if this is the case?) Listen closely to what they tell you in the beginning; this is who they are.
- They tell you they don’t want a relationship but text you constantly sending out very flirty mixed signals. This keeps you hanging on and hoping they will change their mind eventually. They give you just enough bait to keep you interested in this ego game they are playing.
- The doom and gloom texter. They always have something to vent to you about and use you as their sounding board. They talk about their Ex, problems with their kids or job, and treat you as their therapist.
Texting etiquette that should be adhered to
- If someone texts you, it is polite to answer within an hour even if it is just to say: “Hi, I am in the middle of something right now but I will text you as soon as I’m done.” 🙂
- Try to text them back in one or two texts. It can be quite annoying getting 5 alerts in a row when someone just texts a few words at a time.
- Don’t be cryptic in a text. Make sure you are open and communicative with what you are relaying in your message. Don’t make them guess.
- Be fun and creative once in a while. Texting doesn’t have to be boring. A sense of humor goes a long way even in a text.
- No dick pics or nude photos! Be playful by sending pictures here and there, but do not insult them with naked shots. (Also you don’t know them well yet so these photos could end up somewhere else!)
Dating and texting doesn’t have to be annoying when you are focused on your self-worth and you always respect yourself. The signs are usually fairly obvious when someone is really interested in you. There isn’t a lot of problems or drama when things are naturally flowing in the right direction.
I would also suggest that if you can’t get together in person, for the time being, make some audio and video calls while you are getting to know someone. Body language and voice inflection are big indicators of someone’s personality. You can only share so much in a text.
Sybersue xo <3
Personal Dating or Relationship Questions for Sybersue? Contact me at https://www.calltheone.com/susan-mccord and message me there to set up an audio or video call within 24 hours. Thank you! <3
Susan McCord @ Dear Sybersue YouTube – Dear Sybersue Facebook