Welcome to Dear Sybersue! Today, I want to discuss why everyone (regardless of your age) should have a bucket list!
When you have goals to achieve and fun deadlines to meet, you continue to evolve on a daily basis. Having a purpose in your life keeps you motivated! When you are excited about trying new things, it keeps you passionate about how you grow as a person throughout the years, regardless of which birthday you are celebrating.
Have you ever wondered how some people always seem to have a smile on their face and their life seems to flow smoothly? You might even find it a bit annoying if your life isn’t as fulfilling as theirs. This is a natural response when you become stuck in a pattern that is starting to feel repetitive and very routine.
If this is happening to you right now, it is time to venture out on a different path to find out what you are passionate about. What brings you joy, and what is missing in your life today? What would make you really happy moving forward? I have asked many of my clients what their passions are, and some of them aren’t quite sure how to answer that.
Here are 10 questions to ask yourself if you are wondering how to bring more passion into your life:
- What career would you choose if you could do anything?
- What would be your dream job?
- If you could travel anywhere, what place would you be really excited to visit?
- Is there a sport you would like to experiment with, but are a little nervous about trying?
- Are you interested in taking some courses in a subject that has always intrigued you?
- Is there a musical instrument you have always wanted to learn?
- Have you always wanted to take on a challenge that causes you to be disciplined to achieve the outcome? Maybe join a running/walking club, take on a 30-day yoga challenge, or sign up for kickboxing or salsa dance classes?
- Do you feel the urge to give back and help others? Volunteering with children or animals in some capacity might be the answer for you here.
- Are you interested in doing something creative that has always been outside your comfort zone? It could be writing in a daily journal, starting a blog, taking an art class, or some form of higher education that could improve your career in the future.
- Do you want to rekindle the passion in your relationship? There are many online resources for this and could really help rejuvenate the love with your partner.
When you have a passion for anything in life, it makes you feel excited and happy to be alive. You have less stress because you always have something to look forward to! A bucket list doesn’t have to include big things and can be as simple as planning a different type of vacation every 5 years or having a weekly cuisine night with friends where you take turns hosting the dinner party and preparing a unique menu.
Many people are passionate foodies, but don’t take the time to experiment inside their own kitchens. Booking a restaurant is one thing but learning how to prepare the food yourself is a great accomplishment. There are many countries that have cooking classes for tourists, which can be an amazing adventure! Here is a link for classes in Paris!
It is so easy to talk about what you would like to achieve on a bucket list but making it happen is another matter altogether.
It is important to mark things down on the calendar and be able to commit to them as well. Another suggestion to help your goals come to fruition is when you have to comply with a payment plan or be a pledged part of a group committee or an annual event.
Sometimes we just need a little nudge to be able to maintain our future plans, especially if it is something outside our usual comfort zone. Making any changes in life can feel a bit intimidating or fearful for even some of the strongest people. The great thing that overrides this fear is the euphoric feeling you receive when you do fulfill new accomplishments.
Having goals or planned events keeps you young-minded and on a continual learning curve!
Having things to look forward to on the calendar will enable you to evolve to a higher place of self-awareness. Maintaining your passions is a constant education! When your mind and body are active, those approaching milestone birthdays don’t seem to be such a big deal. You have no regrets because you are always living your best life and enhancing it every day you are here on this earth. You also have so much to talk about and share with the younger people in your life.
“I personally have been more active and productive since I turned 50! It is so important to embrace your age, regardless of what that is. I know it isn’t always easy to be excited about the changes you see in the mirror, but if your attitude is always positive, and you keep reaching new achievements, you just don’t seem to care as much. You are too busy and having way too much fun to dwell on vanity and being perfect. You earned your wrinkles, and you have a story for every one of them!”
Speaking of birthdays…
I use my birthdate as a day to set new goals for the year ahead. I don’t make resolutions on New Year’s Eve as many other people do. Every year that I am alive and well, is a reminder of the blessings I have in my life. My accomplishments are a big part of those blessings, and I am grateful every day for all of them.
The one big thing I learned along the way was how one passionate goal leads to many others along the way.
Accomplishments are actually quite addicting and very fulfilling! Once you start truly living your life to your full potential, things just start to naturally flow in a happy place. When you have a spring in your step on a regular basis, you want to hold on to those feelings as often as possible. We all have a purpose here in our lifetime, and it is such a wonderful thing when you figure out what that is.
If you are single and have difficulty meeting someone to share your life with, it is time to alter your mindset.
This may sound overly simple, but when you’re content with who you are as an individual and have a full life, is often when you meet your special person. This is because you exude confidence, and you’re fun to be around. You’re looking at the glass as half full rather than half empty. You are optimistic, and your energy is contagious!
Furthermore, you are not looking for someone to complete you because you are a whole person as you stand alone. You are now ready to meet someone who is an extension of who you already are as your authentic self. When this is reciprocated in a partnership, you are truly ready to be in each other’s life. Being on the same page will add even more strength to your foundation and personal growth as a couple.
Even if you don’t end up in a relationship for a while, that is OK too because you are living your life with conviction. You’re busy and becoming a better version of yourself every day. This is often the time when you are ready and open to meeting a romantic partner! You may even subconsciously be manifesting a potential partnership toward you without having the slightest clue that you have the power to do so.
Be grateful for what you do have, and acknowledge this “out loud” on a daily basis.
It is one thing to change up your life with a bucket list to bring in more happiness, but you also have to appreciate everything that comes your way. If you start each morning being openly grateful for even the small things that you have in your life, you will manifest even more wonderful experiences toward you. At the very least, you will remain in a positive state of mind because you are reminding yourself of the blessings you do have.
It can be very difficult to stay focused on maintaining an optimistic mindset because life is not easy for most of us. It is a constant battle dealing with those little or big blips along the way, but it is important to understand that each new roadblock you encounter, brings new accomplishments.
Look back at your life and how things have unfolded over the years. What makes you proud, and what brings you some regret? Be thankful for all of them because it is leading you on a new journey at every turn.
Don’t hold onto the internal dialogue of “What if?” “Why didn’t I do this?” “Why am I such a procrastinator?” Get outside your head and take charge of your future. It is never too late to change lanes and head on a different path. Having the courage to do so is a huge step in the right direction!
2. Porn Star
3. Rio de Janeiro
4. American Football (We don’t play it in the UK)
5. Portuguese and Spanish language
6. Guitar. You never stop learning with it
7. Never thought of it but I would like to do a 30-Salsa class
8. I do the shopping for the elderly people who live on my street. Generally just milk and bread, they normally have the big shop at the weekend with family members take them.
9. I’m at the moment re-writing and explaining what certain medication does that is worded in a way that the every day person can understand. I’m a Medicinal Chemistry graduate and I was asked by a friend to do Sertraline and was well received and snowballed from there.
10. As for rekindling my relationship, being in one would be a start 😂 offers welcome 🙏
Thanks for taking the time to share your Bucket List! #2 is an interesting choice.:)