Do You Have a Hard Time Saying Sorry to Your Partner?
Hello there, thanks for visiting me here! Today I want to discuss this relationship problem that has probably affected all of us at one time or another in our lives. Some men and women have a really difficult time apologizing to each other.
Have you ever been in a partnership where you are the only one who says that you are sorry and this is the only way an argument gets settled? Some people have a tough time owning their part and would rather ignore the situation than to admit they did something wrong.
This type of blatant denial causes a lot of aggravation and if it is continued the foundation of your relationship will begin to crumble out of neglect and disrespect.Dear Sybersue
Humbling yourself and communicating with your partner will not only save your relationship, but it will also help things evolve to a higher place of love and acceptance. It takes two people to maintain a strong love connection long term.
We all make errors and bad choices occasionally and it is easier to receive forgiveness from our loved ones when we take responsibility for our actions.
Saying sorry isn’t easy for some people to do because of their stubborn pride or ego. They may be very uncomfortable showing any vulnerability whatsoever. This needs to be adhered to! It is not a form of weakness to admit when you might be wrong about something or that you may have over-reacted towards your partner.
No one is perfect and we all have moody times in our lives like these listed below.
- Work-related issues: Things could be really intense with a new project or a deadline. You may be worried about being let go from your job or being demoted due to downsizing cutbacks.
- Your partner’s or your health is compromised: There may be health/medical issues in your home that are very worrisome.
- Family drama: There could be some ongoing drama that you or your spouse is dealing with on a regular basis. Toxic scenarios with parents or siblings can take a big toll on a relationship.
- Financial stress: It is not always easy to stay in a positive mindset when you’re having a hard time paying the bills.
- Lack of sexual intimacy: Feeling insecure in your partnership and pulling back from sex. Rather than communicate about it as a couple, it is ignored.
Whatever the scenario is, explaining what is happening and why your behavior may be questionable is very important.
Your relationship is the number one priority so don’t shut your partner out. Always communicate with them and openly apologize. Burying your feelings and pretending it never happened, will not help your relationship in the long run.
We all have moments of insecurity or self-doubt about how we are handling things in our life and that is all part of the learning process or a relationship that we deal with on a constant basis. No one ever said it would be smooth sailing and there will always be hurdles to jump over.
Being able to say you are sorry will keep your partnership in a healthy place and they will have more respect for you when you do acknowledge your part in any relationship blip or heated argument.
Sometimes we take things out on the person we are closest to when we really should be taking a long hard look at ourselves.
It’s never too late to dig inward and change up those things that you may need to alter and learning how to apologize to someone you love, is a damn good start.
What do you think? Please watch the video at the top of this post and leave your comments below!
Sybersue xo ❤
Personal Dating or Relationship Questions for Sybersue? Contact me via https://www.calltheone.com/susan-mccord and text me to set up a video call appt. within 24 hours.