How Can I Make People Respect Me More?
If you want people to respect you, you need to have boundaries and some expectations. You should always respect yourself first!
Regardless of whether the disrespect you are feeling is happening within your family, your friendships, or your work environment, you should always stand up for yourself and have a voice if you are being mistreated or taken advantage of.
I realize that could be “easier said than done” if you are an introverted or shy person but it would be worth getting some professional assistance to help you deal with this. It is exhausting to have to live this way and it plays havoc with your self-esteem!
Once you have the tools to fight this situation, life will be so much easier for you on a regular basis and there will be less drama to contend with. You might not be aware of the difficult pattern that you have created in your life. It is something that you just put up with because you think you have to.
You’re allowed to say NO and you don’t have to hang around people who don’t respect you. It is important to know when to let go of things that don’t serve you anymore. You will stop attracting those people towards you when you understand this.
You were drawn to this post for a reason and you are now ready to change things up with how people have been treating you. The first thing you have to do is own your part in why you allowed this but also forgive yourself for some of your choices.
There are many reasons why this could have happened but once you know the answer and you are ready to make some big changes, it will be a lot easier to move onto a different path where you are respected by others. Sometimes you have to get mad to make this happen. “I’m not taking this anymore!”
How do you start to respect yourself?
- Don’t put yourself down or let others talk down to you.
- Live your life with purpose and don’t rely on other people for your happiness.
- Be open and have an opinion when you want to speak up. Don’t let others squash your viewpoint.
- Treat others how you want to be treated. (Sometimes we have to teach people how to treat us!)
- Stand out a little more. Be fun and enjoyable to be around.
- Don’t always be a YES person if you really don’t want to do something. Learn how to say NO.
- Make some new friends who appreciate you for who are and who offer a reciprocated friendship. It’s OK to say goodbye to people who are not there for you in a healthy way. Don’t hang around negative people who bring you down.
Sybersue xo ❤
Personal Dating or Relationship Questions for Sybersue? Contact me via PayPal option at https://sybersue.com/contact-services… and Text me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a facetime audio or video appt. within 24 hours.