Hi there! First of all, I want to thank all my new followers here on Sybersue and extend a warm welcome! For those of you who are loyal readers of my posts and regularly watch my youtube channel, I am very appreciative of your continued support! big hugs xo ❤
Today I discuss a topic that affects so many men and women on a daily basis: Don’t Let Your Past Control Your Relationships
If something keeps haunting your thoughts from your past and is ruining your relationships, it’s it time to take those demons on!
If you are frustrated that your relationships and dating scenarios just don’t seem to work out, you could possibly be sabotaging your own happiness due to some unresolved issues from your past.
What do you want to change to make things better? What would make things flow smoother in your partnerships? What is missing and what is repetitive? Write your thoughts down, read them regularly and work on implementing them into your life.
Here are some examples of what some of my clients are dealing with:
- I don’t know how to communicate my feelings to my partner. It makes me feel uncomfortable and too vulnerable.
- I walk out of the room rather than deal with an argument.
- I am often critical of my partner.
- I have been told my relationship expectations are high maintenance.
- I don’t know how to say I’m sorry. I feel weak when I let my walls down.
- I tend to push my partner away when they start to get close.
- I am too needy and cling on aggressively after the first date.
- I compare everyone to my Ex and move on quickly in relationships.
- I am paranoid I will be cheated on again so I have trust issues with anyone I am romantically involved with.
- I lack self-confidence and don’t feel that anyone would truly love me for who I am.
You will keep repeating dating patterns that don’t work if you don’t get to the root of the underlying issue. If you are feeling really stuck and just don’t know how to get out of this place you’re in, it might be time to get some outside help.
We don’t always acknowledge how our behavior is affecting our choices and we can often be in denial. Hearing constructive advice from a non-judgmental professional can add some clarity to our cloudy perception of what may be going on.
We all have shit to deal with from our past but it is how we acknowledge it and what we learn from it, that will lead us to our highest good. We are all given “some forks in the road” but it is up to us which path we take.
Rather than holding onto some of these challenging past scenarios with fear, anger or playing the victim, take charge head on!
Doing this or “not” doing this will be the deciding factor in how your life shapes out in the future.
Do not bury your past into the basement of your mind, because it will always be there to haunt you in the present.
Take the time to understand the meaning of each particular lesson you are dealing with. I can promise you that it will make you stronger by tackling it head-on. Contrary to what you may think, this will not expose you to appear as a weak person; owning your shortcomings and mistakes is an admirable strength!
I Love to hear from you & I will always take time to answer you back. Please watch the video above and leave your comments below! What do you think?