OH NO, it’s that dreadful time of year again where single women feel even lonelier than every other day of the year. February 14th and all the romantic hype is an annoying reminder for singles everywhere!
“Hey Hallmark, why don’t you just rub it in with how alone I really am!”
This is always a big conversation with women and can be very depressing for some. Many single guys feel the void as well but just don’t vocalize it. Even committed couples can feel anxious about this annual love celebration! As we all know, a lot of pressure comes with most special occasions on the calendar!
You have two options on how to deal with this day as a single person.
You can hibernate at home with a tub of Haagen-Daz ice cream, watch romcoms with envy, cry over old photos of your Ex or you can get out of your house and tell CUPID to shove his arrow right up his a$$!
Believe it or not, the best thing you can do when you are single on Valentine’s Day is go out and socialize!
- Go to a lounge or pub that has less of a romantic setting with pool tables, 60 inch TVs, dart boards, foosball & other manly attractions. You will be surprised to see how many other people show up as well! You are pretty much guaranteed that everyone who is there without a partner is single; otherwise, they would be out with their date!
- Going out for a coffee or a movie with a girlfriend is also another great way not to give into the BS of February 14th only being a date night!
- Have a “girl’s night in!” Invite other ladies over for your own private singles party. Celebrate your freedom and choice to be where you are right now. It’s a good thing!
- Plan a vacation to a singles all-inclusive resort!
- Check out Singles Valentine’s Events being held in your city. There are more than you think!
Being single has many benefits that married couples will occasionally yearn for! Here are a few to think about on Feb 14th:
- You can do whatever you want, whenever you want & be spontaneous and go to last minute invites or events!
- Girl’s night out can happen often without having to plan it 2-3 weeks in advance and having to get your partners approval.
- It doesn’t matter what goes on in Vegas ~ no one cares but you!
- You can order “take out” every night and never use your oven! “What’s a recipe?”
- You don’t have to shave your legs or get a Brazilian & you can wear your comfortable big girl panties whenever you want!
- You can watch, The Bachelor, The Young & Restless or any chick flick you want! You are in charge of the remote!
- Here’s the best part; you don’t have to watch a marathon of Sports or Dick Flicks!
- You can put a 6 pack of beer in the fridge on Friday and there will be 4 cans left on Monday!
- You have complete control of the house temperature and no one steals your bed covers or immaturely tries to play dutch-oven with you!
- Your toilet will always be flushed and the seat will remain in the downward position. (You won’t have to triple flush, turn on the tap or light a match!)
- Your newspaper/magazines will never end up in the bathroom & remain on the coffee table completely intact.
- The only snoring or farting you hear will be your own!
Ladies don’t be afraid to be seen out somewhere on February 14th without a man on your arm. What better day to show your confidence that you are OK being single? Cocooning and feeling sad at home means you are giving in to this holiday stereotype and letting Valentine’s Day marketing scams get to you and work their power!
You are a fantastic person whether you are single or in a partnership. Do not ever let a relationship define who you are!
❤ Now get off the couch & go out for a fun Valentine’s Day! ❤
Hugs & hearts, Susan McCord (aka Dear Sybersue)