If you want to date more, appreciate the differences men & women bring to the relationship!
What is the first thing that attracts you to someone you don’t know? Isn’t it the physical & chemical appeal that gets your attention? Pheromones play an important role in stirring someone’s interest which is somewhat comparable to dogs sniffing each other in the park. (Don’t we wish it were that easy?)
With all that at our fingertips why are humans so bashful in connecting with others that they are attracted to? Is the fear of rejection so powerful that it erases all confidence?
People use liquid courage in the bars or at events to finally interact with this magnetic power that has captivated their concentration. “Alcohol is just a layer of backbone that dares us to have faith in oneself.”
Men & women are so quick to judge others & themselves that dating has become less frequent due to unreasonable assumptions about each other. People need to appreciate each gender for what they bring into a relationship & need a reminder of that. Why make life difficult? Don’t we all want love in our lives at the end of the day?
What Women Appreciate in a Man:
- The biological differences! (Physically and sexually speaking.)
- Confident strength!
- Women appreciate men who take care of themselves and their bodies without being fanatical about it. A naturally muscular athletic guy will make even the most prudish women take notice.
- Many women today still love a gentleman despite feminism & the need for equality. (Unfortunately this has confused many men with their role today and they are not always sure what to do.)
- Women love it when a man honors & respects their opinion.
- His masculinity & protective qualities ~ makes her feel safe.
- His friendship loyalty with his mates.
- His ability to apologize when wrong, accept his flaws while putting any peacock authority on hold.
What Men Appreciate in a Woman:
- Sexual & personal confidence.
- She takes pride in her appearance. (Without taking 3 hours to get there.)
- Self sufficient but not head strong independent.
- Enjoys feeling wanted with his masculine abilities.
- A woman who loves & initiates sex.
- Her natural scent, her curves & femininity.
- He likes it when after an argument is resolved it is over and not rehashed continually.
- She has her own life too.
- A woman’s maternal & nurturing instincts. He loves watching her be a mother to her children.
- A woman who has a great body image ~ regardless of size or shape.
Tips for the Ladies to Show Men You Appreciate Them:
- Women should appreciate their partner’s sexual appetite because they wouldn’t feel very sexy if their man did not have a yearning for them! Taking the time to enjoy and appreciate this in their man will keep the relationship healthy and alive. Ignoring them sexually is not a good idea if you want to keep them close. (Careers & kids can take a second seat once in awhile!)
- Men are visual creatures so make them “see” how much of an effort you make for them. Don’t become the Walmart housewife dressed in sweat pants & over-sized T-shirts. Show your feminine side ladies or you will be complaining that he’s glancing at other women.. It’s not difficult to take 10 minutes out of your day to remind him why he is attracted to you.
- Take time to do something with him that really makes him happy even if it is not your favorite thing to do. Believe it or not guys do like to do some things with their wives! Attend the annual boat show, trek up a mountain trail or at the very least go to a “dick flick” with him. Do anything that makes him feel you are making an effort to do something he enjoys doing. (Especially, if you expect him to accompany you to The Nutcracker Ballet every year.)
- Ambitious men are an aphrodisiac to most women. That being said, try not to get upset with him when he has to do the odd work assignment over the weekend or asks you to attend a business dinner with him. There is a small price to pay for his success & the luxuries in your home.
Tips for the Men to Show Women You Appreciate Them:
- Many women today are also busy with careers and other passions and appreciate it when their guy is proud of her accomplishments without judgment or jealousies. Attaining new achievements keeps the mind youthful & alert which spills over into keeping the relationship fresh! You always have something to share and talk about because your life together has diversity.
- Women also appreciate that men don’t always have to be “the man.” Women like to be needed as well. They like to feel important and that once in awhile they can save the day too. Men don’t have to fix everything, but wearing a tool belt and cut-offs will probably get him in the bedroom more often! There is something to say for a man flexing his muscles while using a power drill!
- Ladies also like it when men trust their partner’s judgment and appreciate their intellect.
- Women also appreciate when their man stands up for them when someone berates them or ridicules them. For the most part women love men’s direct “shoot from the hip” answers as long as diplomacy is implemented.
Both sexes want to be acknowledged and appreciated for what they bring to each other’s life. This is the key to happiness that some people feel is lacking in relationships today. It’s not supposed to be a competition!
Things are continually evolving between the sexes so we need to start honoring these transitions and stop fighting them. Change in inevitable! Isn’t life more interesting when there are differences to embrace & learn from?
Trying to understand each other is not the answer; accepting each other is! ❤
Susan McCord @ http://www.youtube.com/dearsybersue