In today’s video above Dear Sybersue discusses your dating life and your attitude that goes along with it.
Are you happy with how you come across to others? Do you make a great first impression or are you too rigid or way too picky about who you will date?
It might be time to take a good hard look in the mirror if your dating life sucks.
Ask a trusted friend or a family member how you come across to others.
- Are you friendly and open to others when you initially meet them or does it take you numerous meetings before you warm up to people?
- Are you shy? Many people claim they are shy but actually appear removed or uninterested.
- Do you have a happy persona or is your “resting bitch face” what people see first? (There is a reason that term is hanging around!)
- Are you more interested in your phone than the people in the room?
- When introduced to someone do you give them a smile and direct eye contact? That first hello is the most important part of any interaction with someone you just met.
- Do you like who you are and are you proud of your accomplishments?
- Do you regularly use sarcasm as a form of humor?
- Do you openly talk about your flaws or insecurities right away, as if getting this “over with” will show your honesty and endear them to you? (Isn’t it more of an optimistic approach to show them your best qualities first?)
- Is your checklist long and unreasonable? Would you be OK if someone you met had one just as long or would you think they were high maintenance?
- Do you cut yourself down in front of others because you don’t feel you have much to offer?
- Are you a good communicator and able to express yourself with your words and your body language?
- Are you sure you are ready to date and not holding onto to past relationship drama or scars? Some people sabotage their dating scenarios because of this reason and do not even realize it.
It’s never too late to make changes to be a better person but first you have to understand what needs changing. If things are constantly back-firing from what you are truly looking for, there is a reason.
It’s not because “there isn’t anyone out there to date,” it is because of something happening within “you” that is blocking a potential partner from entering your life.
It might be time to hire a dating coach or counselor to see what is really going on. Self esteem plays a big role in how you respond to everything in your life; especially when it comes to love and relationships. Don’t be the last to know.
*Today Sybersue’s shirt is from brunettethelabel clothing line. Check out their online store! ♥
Please leave your comments below!