Listen up Ladies! If you don’t want to be cheated on in your relationship then don’t be a cheater yourself.
Relationship and dating dilemmas are a constant discussion on my advice column and in my coaching sessions, but one of the first things that women complain about is how many men cheat on their partners! “It’s an epidemic;” according to scorned women everywhere. This ongoing problem is causing all sorts of self esteem issues, jealous rages and “Fatal Attraction” bunny boiling reactions within the female population.
(Yes guys, we know women cheat on you too but today we are talking about how women need to deal with this scenario. I will also do an article for men regarding this topic as well. )
Why are Men Cheating?
The best answer is because they can! If women were not available to cheat with someone who was already in a relationship, this wouldn’t be a rampant problem would it? If women respected other women rather than making this particular guy a priority, it would be a lot harder for men to step out on their partnerships.
Of course not all people reveal the truth about their relationship status and it is possible to be lured into someone’s seductive charms unknowing of their committed situation. This is why it is better to slow things down before you jump into their bed after only knowing them for one or two nights. There is a lot of pressure for women to sleep with a guy right away these days but you don’t know anything about him yet; he could have a lot of secrets! There are many red flags in the beginning if you pay attention. Don’t be that person who pretends you didn’t know he had a girlfriend or wife at home!
What are some of the reasons women cheat with unavailable men?
- They are lonely.
- Low self esteem and body image issues.
- They seldom date or meet men and are easily available when a man shows interest.
- Due to boredom or being unhappy in their own relationship.
- They are too vulnerable, naive or inexperienced with men.
- They don’t have a conscience with regards to their actions.
- Some women like unavailable men just to have an uncomplicated sexual rendezvous. They are not interested in having a committed partnership.
- Revenge ~ due to a past hurt of it happening to them.
Let’s be honest here ladies and admit that it is usually pretty obvious when a man is in a relationship.
Susan McCord ~ The Dear Sybersue Talk Show